Milele's Archive

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Being me

I am always working towards the goal of raising the level of consciousness and humanity for everyone and everything on this planet and beyond. Being an example of a positive, loving, healthy, goofy, growing African woman keeps me going and feeds me in ways that I can not explain. My journey has caused me to meet many like spirits and souls. I often wonder if we share the same struggles and victories. I want to share with you deeply, build a bond, and establish something meaningful.

Here I stand before you... Removing all masks, all covers all protection. I stand bare, strong and bold. Ready to be seen.... truly seen.
I am every woman: lover, mother, friend, sister, daughter, teacher, whore, bitch, saint, priestess, wife, mistress, healer, artist, builder, scholar, over/under achiever, dancer, destroyer and everything in-between
I often find that I hide who I truly am. Not who I was conditioned to be but the ME that is completely trusting and optimistic.
The ME that loves so deeply I can’t think of anything else, the ME that wants to run off into the sunset of a perfect ending. The ME that believes wholeheartedly that people don’t intend to do harm; they just don’t know any better. The ME that understands that being raped at 10 and 18 was a lesson in my strength and forgiveness. The ME that loves you unconditionally simply because you are a manifestation of The Creator. The ME that has stayed with someone I did not love because I made them happy. The ME that found Divine peace almost bleeding to death on the steps during a miscarriage. The ME that sees a person’s spirit before their face. The ME that finds joy in sadness and sadness in joy. The ME that desires to help those that want to harm ME. The ME that has fallen in love while in love. The ME that is sharing my deepest thoughts with friends, enemies, family AND strangers.
This ME is pushed to the background by the more seasoned and covered Me that only lets so much in or out. The Me that denies love, ignores lessons, shuns pain, embraces fear and allows my shell to get thicker and thicker with time.
But the ME within the Me is the one that is winning the battle of being me.
So if I love you, help you, want you, need you, forgive you, honor you, laugh with you, grow close to you or free you don’t be alarmed…
It’s just Me being ME being me.
Who are you?

7 comments:

mr. invisible said...

Thank you for shedding and sharing. I too am on the same journey.

c. jay conrod said...

Don't you make me cry tonight! That was beautiful. I'm still learning which characteristics belong to which ME/me, but when I step back, I find that ME is pretty awesome. Thank you.

Cory 2200 said...

Simply beautiful.. I acknowledge the true honor it is to be aware of you. I thank the You you Are for the honor & blessing, my heart :)

Christopher said...

This journey you are on (ultimately, we all are)...I wish you health, speed and success on/in it. I share the feelings of honor to you for having shared yourself; helping me to understand and evolve just from your sharing.

Pink Tigress said...

I promise not to be alarmed if you promise to be open minded to the ME being ME being ME Learning ME Trusting ME Loving ME Sharing ME Teaching ME Empowering ME as you shine as the STAR you are!

Milele said...

Thank you all for taking the time to read it and respond. But most importantly thank you for playing a role in my journey.

Anonymous said...

It's amazing how long you can know some one and still NOT know so much. Wow. Yeah, man. This whole self-discovery thing is a trip. Sometimes I wonder if it's even fully possible since we're always changing in subtle and dramatic ways. By the time we find out who we are, we're somebody else!