Milele's Archive

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Looking for love?

I have not posted about relationship in awhile. Frankly I think we spend WAYYYYYYY too much time trying to “find the right person, get married, settle down, live happily ever after, etc”.  See here is the thing a “romantic” relationship is just like every other relationship we have yet we treat is very differently.  This is mainly because we are taught that the ultimate goal is to “find someone to grow old with”.  Though our life would be less fulfilling “without someone to share it with” we neglect that we have many family, friends and loved ones with which to do that.  Oh but that isn’t the same thing…. Right?   Wrong!  It is exactly the same thing.  Do you know why weddings were so much of a big deal?  Because it was not the norm or standard so when it did happen it was cause to celebrate and bring the entire community together to be a part of the joining of TWO FAMILIES not two people.  You have to realize that societies were (are) filled with love, respect, goodness and healthy relationships that is what is normal (not how we live). When you are surrounded by love you don’t have to “find it”, you already have it in ALL your relationships and all aspects of life. People were intimately connected to the entire society and to the universe.  So there was not this great yearning to “find true love”.  When you came of age you were initiated into the secrets of transforming “sexual energy” in to spiritual energy (which is the point of sex” and being a woman/man according to that society.  After all of that if two or more people decided to “build a house” together (so to speak because the mates did not have to live together) there would be great celebrations.  I want to you seriously consider if you were happy, healthy, had wonderful “sexual” experiences whenever you liked, were surrounded by love, had wonderful fulfilling relationships with the entire community and deep intimate relationship with those you were drawn to would you still be searching for “the one”, looking to settle down and be with one person for life or would you enjoy life and let things happen as the may.  Now I am not against finding a life partner hell I have several but I want us to find our worth, joy, value, fulfillment within our spirit and ALL of our human interactions and not just in one finite area.  I really tried to make this quick and to the point cause I could go on for HOURS about love, sex, relationships,  maybe even write a book or two J but I will let this marinate first.  I will say, that one of the reasons I began writing “The Confessions…” series is because the spiritual, natural, human, and very simple nature has been taken out of sex and relationships.  I wanted to remind us that it is not something separate from everyday life, it is as simple, profound, spiritual, normal and fulfilling as sharing a conversation with your best friend under a weeping willow (my fave tree) in a gentle rain eating your favorite meal, listening to your favorite music and not having to rush or whatever else floats your boat. 
So be easy about love and enjoy life fully with or without "the one" and recognize that it is just one of a million plus possibilities to a full and enjoyable life.

Please feel free to reply, discuss, comment, share, etc.  I as always appreciate sharing. 
 

2 comments:

Kita said...

I agree with your points. My ideals of relationships have been transformed in the past years. I am single in the sense that I have no life partner to share with and to have intimate and sexual moments. But emotionally I have many cherished partners. I seek a person with like thoughts and ideals and today that has been an extreme challenge. I feel many people are not honest and open based on societies ideal of relationships. So that leads to cheating, lies and divorce. I feel a person should only have a relationship with others only after they have discovered their true needs and desires and can provide them in return.

Milele said...

I agree 100%. Many times we set ourselves up for failure trying to fit in boxes that dont fit.