Milele's Archive

Friday, June 7, 2013

I like it RAW with Spicy Lemonade

I went into more detail in my last post “Why cleanse or fast?” about the difference between the 2, generally benefits, and shared several types (ALL of which I have done, more than once). So in this one I’m going to speak more on my personal experiences.
So I have incorporated fasting into my monthly routine.  In the beginning (over a decade ago) I was HORRIBLE at it.  I was “fit”, danced (performed) and worked out all the time (several hours a day at least 4 days a week), walked everywhere, worked and went to school fulltime, worked with a rite of passage organization, only slept about 3 hours a day, was going through my initiation…. So I felt like I could eat WTF I wanted and I did.  I would literally eat fettuccine alfredo, french fries with ketchup & hot sauce, cheesy garlic bread and a salad to start my fast and break it with fried fish and French fries with lots of ketchup, hot sauce, and tartar sauce!   I was doing a number on my body, fortunately or unfortunately I was young and active enough that it worked for me.   I vacillated between being vegetarian, Pescetarian and eating what ever I wanted other than pork (chicken and cheese were my weaknesses). Needless to say my diet was not balanced!!
Now at 30+ I try…TRY to do things in moderation.  Animal wise I eat fish and rarely will I eat something with chicken/turkey broth (ONLY if prepared by my family at gatherings).  But I love to fast and cleanse which for me is basically giving my body a break from constantly processing foods.  Fasting has always been a part of human life for spiritual, cultural, religious or health reasons… ALWAYS.  And our bodies do it naturally when we are sick, very active, spiritually heightened or “in the zone” most of us have to “force ourselves to eat” OR “remember to stop and eat” when we are at these states.  That is because our bodies need breaks too and eating isn’t a pastime as we often see it.  Now when we eat a well balanced diet with little to no processed foods and drink plenty of clean (non polluted water) our body isn’t working as hard as say mine at 25 BUT it still needs rest.  A fast can be any where from several hours to several months and can range from eliminating one item from you diet to only consuming liquids.  Everything aint for errbody but I prefer the “master cleanse” which is basically drinking “spicy lemonade” as I like to call it for 3-10 days and “going raw” which is eating only fresh fruits, vegetables, legumes and herbs.  I absolutely LOVEEEEE doing both but raw is my favorite although I don’t do it as much because of my schedule.  I am tossing around doing a melon fast that was recommended by my beautiful sister “Be pure”. But for me fasting is a part of my routine.  While speaking with Kita I was inspired to share about the more heightened state of being while fasting.  I enjoy all these things under “normal” circumstance BUT
When I fast and …
Exercise: I have more vigor, flexibility and oomph. I can feel my blood pumping through my veins and my muscles throbbing with nutrients.  Even when I’m done my body continues to tingle.
Enjoy nature: I feel connected to EVERY living thing.  As the natural world whispers its ancient secrets to life to my spirit; the sun’s rays warmly caress my body bringing me closer to the cosmic melandies (my word pronounced: (m/ɛ/-l/ɑː/n-d/eɪ/s) or (mel-an-days) is a combination of melanin & melody….Yep
Sleep: I go into a unfathomable slumber were my body regenerates like wolverine (you better believe it) and my dreams become animated paintings of delightful encounters.
Write/read: my mind is more imaginative and vibrant. I can touch, taste, smell, and feel the words as the dance around my mind swaying to the harmonies in my read
Meditate: I instantaneously receive clarity, focus and insight.  Things make better sense and I can see every puzzle piece, where it goes and how it fits and well as the bigger pictures
Listen to Music: I hear tones and pitches that previously hid behind bass and treble clefs crescendo around melodies dolcissimo waiting to be discovered by the agilmente listener
Dance BEST FEELING EVER!!!!  Take all of the above and add a euphoric trace like state of complete bliss.
Chill (spend quality time with loved ones): My connection to them intensifies and I feel them more.  Their jokes are funnier, their touch is intense and our bond in fortified and renewed.
Go into mommy mode: I see my sons as the divine physical manifestation of The Creators they are.  I can see them in the past, present and future simultaneously. I can smell their essence and their voices and laughter align my spirit. 
Bathe:  I slide into a hot oasis where the rushing water lull me into a reverie of healing and comfort free from all earthly worries. 
And every other experiences is equally heightened and use I’ve gotten past the first few days I get a “fasting high” that keeps me at a constant state of calm.  I welcome you to try it, at your own pace and see how your body likes it.  Remember to check my last post for different options or feel free to as ask me about other option or create your own. 

 

No comments: